Monday, March 7, 2011

Vendor week continued

Welcome back to vendor week part two~


We have something big up our sleeves...come back tomorrow to hear all the details about something really big going on the Savvy blog this week!


Let's meet our featured vendors for today...



Your name and the name of your business ...


Jodi Friedman, MCP Actions


Describe your business in five words...


Photoshop Actions & Training for Photographers


Do you work out of your home {in your jammies} or do you work out of an office/studio?


Jammies all the way... Days go by where I do not get dressed.


Where can we find you on your time off?


Off time? What is that? I pretty much even check email and Facebook while watching TV, and when out, I have my iPhone. I do love traveling with my family. In my "way" off time, I love going on a cruise or visiting Northern Michigan.


Why do photographers need your product/service?


I help photographers improve their post-processing skills and help save them time. This means more money for professional photographers and better memories for hobbyists.


Tell us your favorite joke...{OR} tell us which celebrity you look most like...


Years ago I was told I look like Rachel Ray or Ricki Lake. I don't think either is true. But you asked :)


Download the New FREE Mini Fusion Photoshop action set here.


Thank you Jodi!


***




Your name and the name of your business ...


Andrea Spencer & Lorena Jamison ~   The Easy Accounting Solution


Describe your business in five words...


Andrea - Easy-to-use web-based Accounting Solutions


Lorena – Growing, Helpful, Innovative, Informative, Evolving


Do you work out of your home {in your jammies} or do you work out of an office/studio?


We both work out of our homes


Where can we find you on your time off?


Andrea - With my daughter, my first “job” is definitely mommy!


Lorena – Doing fun projects and activities with my family!


Why do photographers need your product/service?


Photographers are GREAT at photography, but the accounting/bookkeeping part of the business is SO different than their passion. Our product makes it SO easy to keep their books in order…PLUS it keeps the business in order by having appointments, contacts, and more all in one product!


Tell us your favorite joke...{OR} tell us which celebrity you look most like...


Andrea – What did one snowman say to the other snowman??? I smell carrots!!! (Lame, I know…but my 5 yr old LOVES it)


Lorena – Honestly, I can’t tell jokes; I always tell the punch line before I get the rest of the joke out!


Thank you Andrea and Lorena!


***



Your name and the name of your business...


Beth Forester. photoDUDS


describe your business in five words...


graphic design elements for photographers


do you work out of your home {in your jammies} or do you work out of an office/studio?


I own a portrait studio and I created the photoDUDS line of graphic elements to help me in my business. So now I run 2 full-time businesses and I work day and night in any type of clothing I happen to find clean...no time for laundry any more!


where can we find you on your time off?


Working my farm..taking care of my ass (donkey) and my chickens


why do photographers need your product/service?


having operated a portrait studio for over 15 years, I created this product line so that I could have the tools necessary to make my portrait studio stand out. So unlike most graphic design companies, our products were built around customization instead of templates. I am not a template person!


tell us your favorite joke...{OR} tell us which celebrity you look most like...


I don’t have a celebrity look a like but everywhere (and I mean everywhere) I go people say "you look just like someone I know" I must be really generic looking is all I can say.


Thank you Beth!


Beth wants to offer all Savvy readers 15% off...use the code: Savvy15


***



Your name and the name of your business ...


Stacy Larsen | Launch workshops


Describe your business in five words...


tell all, fun, informative, life changing (okay so that was more than five :))


Do you work out of your home {in your jammies} or do you work out of an office/studio?


I work out of a studio, in fact I am in the process of moving to a natural light loft space which I am over the moon excited about.


Where can we find you on your time off?


with my family or friends. Or driving kids all over town (we have four)


Why do photographers need your product/service?


This workshop is a nothing held back, jam packed learn fest. It was very important to me to create a safe place for beginners who would not feel nervous about being "too green". It truly is the workshop I always wished I had when I was starting out. Oh the time and money I would have saved....


Tell us your favorite joke...{OR} tell us which celebrity you look most like..


When my son Brandon was five years old he made up this joke and told it at the kindergarten talent show. "Why did the apple stop running? Because he ran out of juice".


Thank you Stacy!


***






Your name and the name of your business...


Laura Thomas from Pretty Presets


describe your business in five words...


Easy, Quick, Creative, Inspiring and Time-Saving.


do you work out of your home {in your jammies} or do you work out of an office/studio?


I work from home and love it.


where can we find you on your time off?


You can find me with my kids and my husband. We dress up as superheros, have battles and love being outdoors when the weather permits.


why do photographers need your product/service?


Pretty Presets will save you time! Most of the photographers we get to work with are wives, mothers and photographers. Our goal is to save you time so you can enjoy a balance.


tell us your favorite joke...{OR} tell us which celebrity you look most like...


My jokes may not be funny so I'll stick with the celebrity. :) I've been told I look like Amanda Seyfried, except I am a brunette.


Thank you Laura!


Laura is offering Savvy readers 20% off with the code: Savvy20


***







Your name and the name of your business ...


Hello all! My name is Rose, and I'm the owner of Bittersweet Design Boutique.


Describe your business in five words...


clean + professional + unique + photography branding


Do you work out of your home {in your jammies} or do you work out of an office/studio?


I like to call them yoga pants, not jammies : ). If I'm wearing jeans, it's probably a special occasion!


Where can we find you on your time off?


outside, soaking up sunshine with my Latin Lover, Thomas, and our two Boston Terriers, Meatball and Pepperoni.


Why do photographers need your product/service?


In such a competitive market, one of the most important things a photographer can do to set themselves apart is to create a unique brand.


Tell us your favorite joke...{OR} tell us which celebrity you look most like...


it's really nerdy, but here you go...


Two Hydrogen atoms walk into a bar. One says, "I think I've lost an electron!" "Are you sure?" the other replies. "Yes, I'm positive."


*We'll be giving away a set of baby templates to one lucky Savvy reader ... Visit our Facebook page for more info: http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Bittersweet-Design-Boutique/231274740318


Thank you Rose!






Your name and the name of your business...


Meghan and Rebecca, The Shoppe Designs, Inc


Describe your business in five words...


unique, creative, organic, stylish, necessary!


Do you work out of your home {in your jammies} or do you work out of an office/studio?


We work in our separate home offices and love the freedom of an online business to allow us to do that!


Where can we find you on your time off?


Meghan loves to be outdoors, hiking with her husband and dogs.


Rebecca loves riding horses and visiting her family in Northern California.


Why do photographers need your product/service?


Our designs and tools allow photographers to take their marketing/presentation, as well as sales, to the next level. Clients take a business more seriously when they have a consistent marketing presence! Plus our subscription option allows an affordable way to get all the custom looking design you need!


Tell us your favorite joke...{OR} tell us which celebrity you look most:


Hmmm...I think I look like Scarlet Johansson. Haha, see what I did there? That was also my joke! :)


We would like to offer a $100 gift card to a random person who likes us on Facebook!!


http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Shoppe/171736078831


Thank you Meghan and Rebecca!

3 comments:

  1. [MARKED AS SPAM BY ANTISPAM BEE]
    I wish everyone the best. Love the community, and all the info. Thanks :) Buy Backlinks

    ReplyDelete
  2. [MARKED AS SPAM BY ANTISPAM BEE]
    The higher the ape goes, the more he shows his tail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. [MARKED AS SPAM BY ANTISPAM BEE]
    Hi would you mind letting me know which webhost you're working with? I've loaded your blog in 3 completely different internet browsers and I must say this blog loads a lot faster then most. Can you recommend a good web hosting provider at a reasonable price? Thanks, I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete