Wednesday, December 29, 2010

winter white studio tour

We all love the studio tours… and a great before and after studio tour is even better!

When we saw the studio for Daniela Berkhout Photography, we knew our readers would love it! We contacted Daniela in hopes of a studio tour for the blog and she sent us these fabulous images of her space...dreamy and white...the perfect space to create amazing images I think! We love it!!

We ask Daniela to tell us about her new studio…here’s what she had to say.

Restoring the 130 year old carriage house into the studio was a year long process. The foundation had to be re-enforced and the entire structure needed to be straightened. In order to maintain the original post and beam look – all work including wiring and insulation was done on the outside of the building.

The carriage house was very dark so we decided to paint it white. It took 4 coats of paint….that old wood just soaked it up! The floors are heated concrete and also painted white. I was going for a modern, organic look and just love the way it turned out! I’m looking forward to the slow season to get all of my prints up and add some finishing touches.

Thank you Daniela for sharing with us!



Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. This is amazing! I have an 90 year old barn that we someday want to restore. After seeing this I know exactly what I want to do with it someday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the studio space. I have a question...with an old building--how is the summer heat and winter cold (without insulation?)

    ReplyDelete