Friday, March 25, 2011

help for Japan~


The sadness has filled my heart. I can’t bear to watch the news and see the devastation the people of Northern Japan have endured. The thought of children searching endlessly for their parents…the thought of parents searching desperately for their children. I ache when I think of what these people are going through. I want to help…I want so bad to help them. I will kiss my husband goodbye soon as his ship leaves to help out. We are safe here. We are on the island of Kyushu, hundreds of miles from Tokyo and Fukushima. Life is still normal here minus the sadness for our Northern neighbors. I’ve mentioned before about how wonderful the Japanese people are…the generosity is overwhelming. I feel such a connection to this country and will always be proud to say I have lived here.
I am now asking for your help. If you would like to donate , please consider donating to the site I have set up. The money will go directly to Shelter Boxes USA. They provide humanitarian relief and aid in the form of equipment and materials that provide shelter, warmth and comfort to people displaced by natural or other disasters. They are helping in Japan right now providing the much needed boxes of supplies to some of the over 130,00 families who have lost everything. I think if we can all donate a small amount, it will add up to a great amount. Any amount is appreciated. If you can’t help financially, then help us spread the word about the page.

Here’s the link to the page… http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/thesavvyphotographer/japan-disaster-relief
Please feel free to share the link with anyone…the more we reach…the MORE WE REACH!
“Alone we can do so little, together we can do so much” – Helen Keller

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment