Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Traditions by willette...


"The reason I started doing the silhouettes was that no one in our area was doing them when my son, Max, was three, and I wanted to get his done, SO, I figured out how to do them and began offering them as an option.
I really haven’t begun to fully market this side of my biz yet,
but that is coming (very soon!).
The other reason I started them was to set my photo business apart…I found that silhouettes were a perfect fit to my
whole classic theme with my business .

I have the silhouettes printed on heavy fine art paper using archival ink and each one is signed. I have even partnered with a jewelry designer to offer silhouette lockets. I’m so sorry that I don’t have a photo to share of these!
Another fun thing that I’m starting is silhouette parties….this info is listed on my traditions by Willette website. This is a great way to knock out several silhouettes at one time (and I typically only schedule several silhouettes at a time rather than one at a time….that way I only have to set up the studio for them about once a month).
Here is a link for my
silhouette party ."
Thank you so much Kelly for sharing so much
fabulous information with us!
It's been a delight!
Check out Kelly's website to see more of her beautiful work.
and here's more of Max...Kelly's adorable son.





Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I've loved reading these interviews, and have learned a lot... marketing is definitely not my strong suit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you may want to check this out:
    http://www.designaglow.com/store/product/59/Inspire-Guide%3A-Silhouettes

    love silhouettes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of silhouettes but they are intimidating. I have to try it someday with my kids before they get too much bigger!

    ReplyDelete