Wednesday, February 3, 2010

{the icing on the cake}





The emails are coming in quicker than I can respond...and I do apologize! I thought it might be easier to address some of the questions here. So many want to know what the barnwood flooring rug looks like up close...here's an image to show more details. And I think it's better described as a mat...the same feel as a mousepad. It feels really soft and wipes clean. You can put a newborn baby on it with no problem...there are no peeling paint chips as you would think...it's an image printed on the mat that looks so real...don't you agree?

The next question that most are asking is how many do I need?

As you can see in the image above, I took a picture of the layout. I needed two 25x60 runners to get that look {the close up with the barnwood also as a backdrop}. The pictures below I've used four runners and I had plenty of room to work with. I haven't used the large area rug yet {46x66} but I will let you know what I think about that size soon.
More questions...do you ship internationally? The rugs come straight from the factory and they do not ship international.
That being said, I am going to attempt to ship to Canada and get an idea of the shipping cost {which we know will be at least $40}...I'll keep you updated on that also.
And the most important question...when will I get my rug?
For those that ordered two weeks ago, they are shipping out this week! I emailed everyone* and explained the situation we were dealing with {the company we were buying from decided to no longer carry the rugs...the factory where they were made agreed to sell to us...and then the two companies decided to continue to work together and we are getting them from the original company we ordered them from...it's a long story, uh...but we were received over 100 orders in the first few days and no orders could be placed until the resolution was made deciding who would carry the rugs. So if you ordered in the first week, you have waited way too long...and I'm sorry! Thank you so much for being so patient and sweet about it! The time it takes to receive a rug ordered now is about 10-12 days. They are made when ordered and shipped out in a week. They are shipped UPS and take about 4-5 days. If you'd like to upgrade shipping to two day, that is now an option. but remember it still takes a week to make and send out.
****please read if you are ordering the rugs~ we are experiencing long delays with the delivery of the rugs...they are shipped to you from the factory and we have no control over the amount of time it takes for you to receive them. The anount of time is now approximately three weeks...so sorry for the delays***

{such a long post...sorry if I bored you!!!}

I'll make it up to you with a giveaway being announced today!

*if you did not get an email explaining, i am so sorry! I've been working so hard with the rugs, I've had to get help from my 11 year old son with sending the emails...it's been crazy!


Photobucket

23 comments:

  1. thanks for all your hard work :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. After seeing this rug I had to have it and can't wait for mine to come in the mail. I love your pictures!!! They look awesome! And I really love your little girl's dress she is wearing. DO you mind me asking where you got it? It doesn't look like Matilda Jane. Also, I need to get in touch with you about paying for my second portion of the workshop. I would like to handle it over the phone. Thanks,
    Tiffany Roundy
    www.tiffanyroundyphotography.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the floor! And she is just toooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you Marsha....well explained!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE it! I just ordered 2 :) I like the idea of ordering 2 so I can lay them out differently

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the rug, I really want one... (or two, or three, or four)...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I already have one of these rugs but I would love another one. You said in your post that they decided not to make them anymore. Are they only making them for a limited time? If so I need to buy one now. But it not I will wait a little longer to order. Just wondering.....Thanks for the hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to know where the dress came from also!

    ReplyDelete
  9. how cool is this!!! i think i'm going to have to order some!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can we still order some???? I would love a couple!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OK, I'm going to HAVE to get one!! Or two! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. yes...the link to order is on the blog.
    The dress...funny story! I'll tell about it on the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh my gosh the dress! I thought I was the ONLY one who did this when I found this great find! I know the secret! lol ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing!!! I'm so inspired today..it's going to be a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is SO great! I just LOVE LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love it! I can totally relate to "The icing on the cake". We had 2 boys and had accepted the fact that our 3rd pregnancy would be a boy too and we were okay with that. Then, the doc said we'd be having a GIRL and she has literally put the icing on the cake that already was. Love love love being a Mom and Photographer!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Marsha Thanks so much for all your hard work on this just to help others! It's really awesome & makes me even more proud to pass your name along whenever I can!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I tried sending an email on friday, but haven't heard back yet. I am very interested in ordering one or two of these rugs. I LOVE them!!! I’m awaiting the arrival of my baby girl in the next 2-3 weeks and I’d love to have the rug in time for me to shoot her newborn session(s). Do you think that is even possible? I’m in CA. Also, I’m having trouble deciding on how many to purchase? I think I’d use these primarily for newborn and child sessions. How many do you advise on getting? Or would the large one be a better option? I’m wondering if I could use part of the large rug as the background since it is so large instead of buying 2 or 3 smaller ones? What do you suggest? I hope to purchase the rug within the next day or so so I can have it in time for my little one’s arrival.

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is awesome! Where and how do I order?
    -Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is awesome! Where and how do I place an order?
    -Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am new to The Savvy Photographer, love all the great information! Are these rugs still available? Company name? Pricing? Thank You!

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm sorry, but, I'm not sure how to order or find the price for the barn wood rugs. Will you please help my out? Thank you :-)

    ReplyDelete