Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Tell us about your style of photography?
My style of photography could best be described as honest and emotive.

What inspires you as a photographer?
Authenticity.

When you're not photographing, where can we find you?
In the kitchen. Ever since learning that 1 in 3 children born after the year 2000 will be diagnosed with Type II diabetes (directly influenced by eating habits), cooking whole and nutritious foods has become a high priority. Thankfully I really enjoy the process of finding and trying new recipes!

Any books that inspired you {or helped you} in your business?
The Sound of Paper by Julia Cameron has been a constant source of inspiration for me. She really helped me understand the ebb and flow of the creative process. Prior to reading her book I would get so frustrated when I would experience a creative lull...now I embrace it!

Tell us about the studio?
The studio is really a work of passion. When I took ownership of the space it was important to me not to simply fill the space with "stuff". I wanted to use elements that had meaning and character. Many of the pieces in the studio are items that were salvaged locally. The turquoise chairs at my desk were salvaged from a 1940's supper club, the curtains on my display wall are from an old movie theater built in the 1930's, the colorful doors in my shooting space came from old farm houses in the area. It was quite a process pulling the studio together (it took a little over 6 months), but to me it was worth the effort!

Do you feel having a studio has made your business grow?
Absolutely! Working out of my home was a distraction both to my family and to my business. Now that I have a space outside of my home I am able to focus on my business 110% while I'm at the studio. My business runs more efficiently now than it ever has before.

No comments:

Post a Comment