Monday, July 11, 2011

meet Angie Warren

Happy Monday...I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. The heat has hit here in Sasebo, Japan...the kind where you dread walking outside. I'm sure most of you are dealing with the same...except those lucky ones on the West Coast. We are loving summer...we found a small beach about 10 minutes away from where we live... it was great to dig in the sand and collect some beautiful oyster shells. I'll blog about my oyster shell mirror once I get it finished {which might be a while}.


We are running our last week of Savvy Sister interviews...I have loved featuring all of these wonderful women and showing off their talent!
To start off the week...please welcome Savvy Sister Angie Warren.




Your Name:
Angie Warren



Location: 
Bay Area, California


How would you describe your style of photography?
light, airy, documentary.



What first drew you in to photography?
Initially, like so many others I loved being able to document my son. Not that I hadn't been of course, but having more control over how the image turned out really intrigued me. Now? I'm absolutely and 100% addicted to this art. Being able to freeze time with my cameras, documenting every tiny detail, the magic in being able to do this. 

Do you work out of your home or a studio?
Clients homes, fields, anywhere there is good light.

Tell us about your business before the Savvy workshop?
Oh it was alright, I was going along at a pace that felt comfortable. Happy with my clients and sales but yearning for something more. Unsure what it was, but wanting to push myself and my business.

How has it changed since returning?
I know I have changed! I was inspired and encouraged. I looked outside the box and found that what I had been searching for - was always within me. It just took a change of location and mindset. 

What do you think is the most important thing you learned from the Savvy workshop?
I came away with a wonderful new pack of friends! I learned that though we may shoot with different brands, edit through a completely different process, and see the light and our subjects in one way - when another sees it their way, we have this one thing bonding us. Bringing us together. For that I'm quite thankful.

What was your favorite part?
I loved the night-time get togethers! From packing our Epiphanie bags with drinks, to PJ parties, and late night chats.


Fun facts we want to know about you:

Favorite Savvy indulgence~
A quiet, lavender scented bubble bath + massage.

Favorite Place to Shop~
Target!

Favorite vacation spot~
The mountains
Favorite blogs to visit~
Tough one! I have so many favorites for various reasons. Love my friend's personal journals (
TracyBreeTracey) and some fave photography friends (DebSteph & JennyLeah) and other random but lovely ones (Kelle HamptonShutter SistersSimpleMom)

Favorite subject to photograph~
Children

Favorite products you sell to your clients~
I sell mostly digitals and I love it! I love being able to provide them with their own archivable photos. It's also fun to surprise them with a little something or other when they receive their DVD.

Favorite thing about being a photographer~
I just love, adore, totally happy to be able to do this. To know my cameras well, to always push myself to learn more and to be better, and ultimately take that passion and create art for my family and my friends and those who may hire me.
Describe your perfect day~
A fall day with my family, in a little cottage in the forest or the mountains. Far away from the city, away from our electronics, away from any stress that comes with every day life. Probably reading a good book and having a yummy home-cooked meal!

Blog:
www.angiewarren.com/photoblog (photography blog)
www.angiewarren.com/blog (personal blog)







Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. what a lovely interview that makes me totally miss angie! warmly, -melanie-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent interview! I <3 you Angie :)

    ReplyDelete