Friday, August 24, 2012

Welcome back to the Savvy blog~ Kelli France


Today we welcome Kelli France back to the Savvy blog!
Kelli will be joining us again at the 2012 Savvy workshop and we are thrilled to have her back! She has been quite busy the last year creating a wonderful forum for photographers called Chic Critique along with the Chic magazine. Let's talk to Kelli...

Will you share with us how you started your career in photography?
When I was a little girl, I was fanatical about fashion and magazines because I wanted to be a supermodel.  I’d simulate the poses and ideas in fashion magazines with my hot-pink film camera from Kmart. In order to build my modeling portfolio, I went to modeling school. There I learned about posing in front of a camera, applying make up for headshots, interviewing skills, and walking on the runway. When I finally accepted that my legs were just too darn short to be a supermodel, I found myself behind the camera instead of in front of it.


Did you attend any workshops or seminars that made a big difference in your business?
I loved Jeff & Julia Woods’ workshop! It was super informative and a major a-ha moment.

What do you think makes your business stand out from the other photographers in your area? 
Video! I offer videography, make-up & hair with every session so that my clients look & feel like stars! However, we just moved to a new state this summer so I have to start all over which is not my fave. Those things should help though.


Who or what inspires you as a photographer?
FASHION! When I look at fashion magazines or go shopping, I get super excited to shoot.

What are your favorite subjects to photograph? 
Senior girls. My goal is to help them see their inside & outside beauty.

What are your favorite products that you offer your clients?
My clients love my video DVD’s, framed storyboards, die-cut frames & image boxes

We love your newest endeavor, Chic Critique. How did you come up with such a great idea for a forum?
It was one of those “Wouldn’t it be cool if..” ideas that has grown to be so much more! Our members get all sorts of goodies including Chic Magazine, What-to-Wear guides, free templates, quarterly kits, and access to our Celebrity Tutorial library & ChicTV exclusive interviews.



How do you manage to run several very successful businesses and be a mom to four little ones?
Well I guess I find comfort in chaos-ha! For realz though, it was my obsession/passion for photography & my laser-like focus that pushed me to make a life and a living doing what I love.


Do you shoot with Canon or Nikon?
Both! I use a Nikon d700 & a Canon Mark II for video

What's your Savvy indulgence?
Reading the fashion magazines or books piled high by my bed, shopping  & chocolate!

Will you share with us the proudest or most memorable moment of your career?
Speaking at the last Savvy Workshop, of course! It really was an amazing experience to be a part of.


Again, thank you for joining us at the Savvy 2012 workshop...can you give us a summary of what you will be speaking about and teaching the girls?
I’m so excited to teach! I’m going to teach the step-by-step ways to incorporate videography into your sessions so you can stand out!

 I'll also be teaching how to style sessions from start to finish and take creative control.

And finally, I’ll be sharing how to pose your clients to look like models during a live shoot.






France Photography Promo from Kelli France on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment