Thursday, August 23, 2012

Meet Savvy speaker Stephanie Fisher


We want to welcome Stephanie Fisher to the Savvy blog! Stephanie is a photographer in the Birmingham area who specializes in photographing newborns. We are thrilled she will be joining us in Alys beach at the Savvy workshop to teach us all about the world of newborn photography.

Welcome Stephanie! Will you share with us how you started your career in photography?
I have always loved photography- for as long as I can remember.  I purchased my first DSLR in 2006 and just couldn’t get enough of it.  I loved photographing not only my baby girl but all of my friends as well.  It really made me realize that being a photographer was my true calling and I officially started to portfolio-build for my business starting in May of 2007.  I have been in business for over 5 years now and loving every minute of it.

Did you attend any workshops or seminars that made a big difference in your business? 
 I have only attended a couple of workshops but both were so inspirational.  I went to a workshop in California in 2008 and it was so inspiring- from learning and sharing about our businesses to all of the wonderful friends made that weekend.  In January 2009 I attended Kelley Ryden’s newborn workshop and just to watch her and Tracy in action was amazing.  I am really a “hands on” learner so to be able to watch them work with babies was awesome.  I also attend WPPI in Vegas and Imaging USA each year and attend different classes to brush up on things and get new ideas.

What do you think makes your business stand out from the other photographers in your area?
I believe one of our biggest things that makes our business stand out would be the relationships we build with our clients.  I feel like I have made so many wonderful friends over the past 5 years.


Who or what inspires you as a photographer?
 Definitely my little girl Hannah, who is now 6.  She has definitely made the saying “they grow up so fast” very true!  These photos capture a moment in time that we can never get back.



What are your favorite subjects to photograph?
 I love newborns and babies.  My favorite “baby” age other than newborn would have to be around 6 months when they are just sitting up.  (and they can sit, but not run away from me yet!)  Pure sweetness!



What are your favorite products that you offer your clients?
I love our gallery wrapped canvases for an easy, beautiful ready-to-hang portrait for your wall and I also love our mini accordion brag books.  They are perfect for grandparents gifts.  And gosh, I still love good old fashioned prints.  We do offer digital files and recommend them for archival purposes but I just love being able to give clients a box full of beautiful portraits and albums!

Do you shoot with Canon or Nikon? 
Nikon!

Favorite thing in your camera bag? 
My 50mm 1.4 lens.  It’s my favorite lens for shooting inside the studio!

Will you share with us the proudest or most memorable moment of your career?
In 2009 I won Photographer of the Year for Heart Gallery of Alabama- they work with children who are to be adopted and are looking for their forever homes.  At the awards ceremony that evening they said that I had the highest number of children adopted out of those I had photographed that year.  How amazing to know that my photographs helped connect them with their forever families.

Again, thank you for joining us at the Savvy 2012 workshop...can you give us a summary of what you will be speaking about and teaching the girls? 
I am so excited to be a part of the Savvy Sisterhood!  I will be speaking to you all about newborn and baby photography.  I will show you all how I work with newborns from setting up, posing, lighting, etc. and also discuss how we work with babies of different stages.  I will also tell you all about the business side and how I built up my photography business and became one of the most sought out baby photographers in the area.  Can’t wait! 









Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment