Monday, June 27, 2011

meet Dani Dunn


Your Name:  Dani Dunn

Location: Philadelphia, PA

How would you describe your style of photography? 
Fun, emotional, warm, simple

What first drew you in to photography?
Like most, the desire to preserve a moment in time.  I think I initially had a desire to capture light and how it fell on its subjects.  When I realized what it meant to capture an emotional moment in the midst of gorgeous light, I was hooked! 


Do you work out of your home or a studio?  I have a home office and shoot on-location.

Tell us about your business before the Savvy workshop?
I was still gaining courage…

How has it changed since returning?
I came home from the workshop inspired and confident, able to see the value in myself and my work.  As a result, my business was created!

What do you think is the most important thing you learned from the Savvy workshop?
While the technical part of photography is tremendously important, it’s only the foundation for beautiful work.  Sometimes you need to set aside what is considered “correct” and allow your creative eye to capture the light and the moment, as it’s occurring before you.   I had put such tremendous pressure on myself to learn the technicalities that I was stifling my creative energy.  Not anymore! 

What was your favorite part?
The workshop emphasized not only how to be a phenomenal photographer, but how to be a better person. 

Fun facts we want to know about you:
Favorite Savvy indulgence~
A Heath bar, People magazine and a sunny spot to enjoy both!

Favorite place to shop~
I’m not one to shop often, but when I do, I’ll take an auction, yard sale or flea market over a mall any day!

Favorite vacation spot~
Anywhere with a beach!!!

Favorite blogs to visit~
I don’t follow very many blogs religiously other than The Savvy Photographer!

Favorite subject to photograph~
Children!  They’re so uninhibited with such a tremendous variety of expressions!  I love when you really start to engage them and you can just see the sparkle in their eye.  And, as a pediatric occupational therapist by trade, children with special needs are held close to my heart. 


Favorite products you sell to your clients~
I’m just beginning to explore different products.  Currently I offer prints, canvases and albums. 

Favorite thing about being a photographer~
The ability to allow individuals to see their beautiful moments with their loved ones as others see them, from the outside looking in.  In the hustle and bustle of everyday life we don’t always realize how beautiful our interactions really are. 


Describe your perfect day~
Any day when the sun is shining and I’m with those I love the most!


Facebook:  http://www.facebook.com/danidunnphotography





Thank you Dani!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment